Dermal fillers, implants, and lip lifts are all methods people are using today to enhance their thin lips. Some people are simply born with thin lips, while others experience thinning as part of the natural aging process. Regardless of the reason, these options are highly effective ways to add volume, structure, and shape to embarrassingly thin lips. Fillers are the most affordable and safest procedure used to enhance a person’s lips. Here are the top 5 benefits of using fillers to get fuller, perky lips.
1. Enhanced Appearance– The greatest benefit for most people who have lip fillers is the improvement it makes to their appearance. Fuller lips can make a person look and feel younger. The improvement to their appearance can also help boost their self-confidence in professional and social situations.
2. Natural Fullness- Products like Juvederm® fillers provide a natural look because they are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally produced by the body. Since it’s natural, hyaluronic acid is less likely to cause bruising. The filler is naturally absorbed and needs to be replaced approximated every six months to maintain the plumpness of the lips.
3. Gradual Progression– Natural fillers can be given over a period of time to produce the optimum result. This option is particularly appealing to people who were born with thin lips and aren’t exactly sure how they will look when their lips are fuller. Over the course of several appointments, a patient can get their lips to the desired plumpness without the discomfort that might be associated with changing the size of an implant.
4. Little to No Side-Effects- Allergic reactions and side-effects are extremely rare when it comes to hyaluronic acid fillers. It’s important for a potential patient to discuss their known allergies, or medication regimen, at the initial consultation to ensure the clinic chooses the proper filler. If there’s a chance a person might be allergic to the ingredients in the filler, a doctor might first perform a test by injecting a small amount into the patient’s arm.
5. Recovery is Fast- Most people who have lip fillers are able to resume all of the normal activities just one day after the procedure. Considering the significant impact fillers can have on a person’s appearance, as well their self-esteem, there’s good reason to consider it prior to other cosmetic surgery options.
Lip enhancement is a very popular cosmetic procedure today. Although many cosmetic and facial plastic surgeons offer this service, it’s important for those considering the procedure to consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Patt, at the Houston Center for Facial Plastic Surgery. While prices for the procedure may vary from one provider to the next, it’s best to select a surgeon based on experience and patient recommendation, rather than the fees.
When it comes to procedures like lip enhancement, which uses a variety of techniques, patients should learn about all available options, and carefully consider doctor recommendations. When it’s performed professionally, lip enhancement can have a dramatically positive impact on a person’s appearance and outlook. Pucker Up!